24 December 2005

RIP Mike Stokely

Greyhawk at the Mudville Gazette has posted a very moving piece from a father who lost his son in OIF. Truly a must read.

I never met Mike Stokely, but I would let him babysit my two year-old son or date my sister. I have no idea what it would be like to lose a child, so I will shut my trap at this point. My heart goes out to SGT. Stokely's family.

For those of you that think that National Guard units hang out in airports drinking lukewarm Coca-Cola, here are a few words for you....
SGT Michael "Mike" James Stokely, KIA Operation Iraqi Freedom 16 Aug 05
2nd Platoon, E Troop 108th CAV 48h Brigaded GA NATL GUARD
15 miles south of Baghdad near Yusufiyah / IED
To the Stokely family, my family gives our thoughts and prayers.
BlogItemBacklinksEnabled> Links to this post